• Ogłoszenie:

Why is computer detecting only 100mbps on cable connection?

Wszystko odnośnie szerokiej tematyki Internet, oraz sieci komputerowe

Postprzez LansoirThemtq 13 Lut 2023, 13:18

reklama
I have a WDR3600 router and computer connected with a 6-cat.6 FTP RJ45 cable and 1gb network card. The connection is detected as 100/100mbps, but a 1gb powerline detects 1gbps. The cable is 25 meters long and does not have significant interference. What could be causing the issue? I'm unsure about the cable category as I only have access to the terminals at work. What should I do?
LansoirThemtq
~user

Dołączenie: 31 Sty 2023, 15:45

Postprzez LansoirThemtq 22 Cze 2023, 07:22

The connection is being detected as 100/100mbps instead of the expected 1gbps. However, when using a 1gb powerline, the connection is correctly detected at 1gbps.

Several factors could be causing this issue. Here are a few possibilities to consider:

Cable Quality: While you mentioned that the cable is Cat.6, it's essential to ensure that the cable itself is of high quality and meets the required standards for Gigabit Ethernet transmission. Lower-quality or damaged cables may result in reduced speeds.

Cable Length: The length of the cable could also affect the transmission speed. Generally, Cat.6 cables can support Gigabit Ethernet up to 55 meters. However, when the cable exceeds this length, there can be signal degradation and reduced speeds.

Interference: While you mentioned that there is no significant interference, it's worth considering any potential sources of interference along the cable path. Electrical interference from nearby power cables or electronic devices could impact the signal quality omeglz online2yu and result in reduced speeds.

To troubleshoot and identify the cause of the issue, you can try the following steps:

Check Cable Category: If you're unsure about the cable category, you echat can inspect the cable itself for any markings or labels indicating its category. This information can help determine if the cable is indeed Cat.6.

Test with a Different Cable: Try using a known high-quality Cat.6 cable to connect your router and computer. This will help determine if the issue lies with the current cable.

Test with Different Devices: Connect different devices with Gigabit Ethernet capabilities (if available) using the same cable. This will help identify if the problem is specific to your computer or the router.

Verify Router Settings: Ensure that your WDR3600 router is configured to support Gigabit Ethernet. Check the router settings and consult the user manual if needed.

If the issue persists or you're unable to resolve it, you may want to consider consulting a professional network technician who can assess the situation, perform advanced diagnostics, and provide appropriate solutions based on your specific setup.
LansoirThemtq
~user

Dołączenie: 31 Sty 2023, 15:45

Powróć do Internet & Sieci

Kto jest na forum

Użytkownicy przeglądający to forum: Brak zarejestrowanych użytkowników oraz 7 gości