• Ogłoszenie:

What prompted linux installer improvements?

Dyskusje i problemy z Unix'ami

What prompted linux installer improvements?

Postprzez KushnomGhatak 06 Paź 2023, 12:33

reklama
I typically don't switch between Linux distributions often, so I don't often find myself in the position of installing a new one. However, this past week, I decided to install the latest version of Ubuntu on a computer, and I encountered some difficulties along the way. Initially, I believed I had correctly partitioned the disk, but the installation process kept failing. Eventually, I decided to opt for the default installation option.

Unfortunately, the default option didn't automatically create separate partitions for Root and Home, nor did it set up a SWAP partition as I had originally intended. This experience made me realize that Linux installers should provide users with a partition manager interface, preselecting default partitioning options while also allowing users to make modifications to non-essential partitions. Alternatively, there should be educational guidance on how to correctly partition the disk to ensure a successful installation.

If the installer had operated in this manner, I would have been able to decrease omegle shagle the voojio size of the Root partition, create a separate Home partition, and proceed with the installation without encountering any issues.
KushnomGhatak
~user

Dołączenie: 08 Sie 2023, 09:43

Powróć do System Linux / Unix

Kto jest na forum

Użytkownicy przeglądający to forum: Brak zarejestrowanych użytkowników oraz 4 gości