• Ogłoszenie:

What other linux possibilities await?

Dyskusje i problemy z Unix'ami

Postprzez MahishTanzon 14 Lip 2023, 07:18

reklama
Recently, I discovered the potential of cloud VMs and realized that I could host my Minecraft server on them for free. Previously, I used to self-host the server on a Windows computer, which had its limitations but worked reasonably well. However, now that I'm in university, the FortiGate firewall blocks certain activities, including hosting game servers.

As I delved deeper into exploring cloud VMs, I also discovered the possibility of hosting my own VPN. Unfortunately, FortiGate blocked that as well. However, I came across the concept of SSH tunneling and routing my traffic through the VPS, effectively bypassing the FortiGate firewall.

In the process of figuring all this out, I experimented with various VMs on Azure, but eventually switched to Google Cloud. I found great enjoyment in tinkering and learning about the capabilities of Linux, but now I'm running out of ideas for what else I could do with this Linux machine.

So, my question is: "What other exciting possibilities exist for me to explore with this Linux machine?"

Currently, I'm running a 4vCPU, 16GB RAM, and 200GB storage setup, which costs approximately $150 per month. I'm not sure if this configuration is overkill or not since this is my first experience with Linux and VMs. I opted for the maximum available within the free tier for now.

I'm eager to discover new avenues and make the most of this Linux omegle owespeedtest shagle voojio machine . Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
MahishTanzon
~user

Dołączenie: 29 Gru 2022, 15:04

Postprzez vekot62466 15 Lip 2023, 05:41

Hey I am so thrilled I found your website, I really found you by accident, while I was looking on Askjeeve for something else, Anyways I am here now and would just like to say many thanks for a marvelous post and a all round thrilling blog (I also love the theme/design), I don't have time to read it all at the minute but I have bookmarked it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read much more, Please do keep up the fantastic work. Pointclickcarecnalogin
vekot62466
~user

Dołączenie: 15 Lip 2023, 05:35

Powróć do System Linux / Unix

Kto jest na forum

Użytkownicy przeglądający to forum: Brak zarejestrowanych użytkowników oraz 1 gość