• Ogłoszenie:

Experiences running windows 11 on unsupported hardware

Wszystko odnośnie systemów z rodziny Microsoft

Postprzez KopatrikKelly 16 Cze 2023, 08:22

reklama
I'm interested in hearing about experiences with running Windows 11 on unsupported hardware. I currently have two PCs at home: one is a Ryzen 2700X gaming rig that is compatible with Windows 11 and has been running it for some time. However, I've had trouble adjusting to the new start menu, even after trying for three months. Another minor complaint is that I couldn't access the old audio control panel to set up 5.1 speakers, as the new settings menu doesn't allow for switching from 2.0 stereo to 5.1. Despite these issues, I have generally been satisfied with the other aspects of Windows 11 on that system.

Now, let's talk about my second system, which serves as my office system. It runs on an Intel Xeon E3-1231v3, equivalent to an Intel Core i7-4700. This CPU has performed admirably for over eight years, and aside from the Windows 10 End of Life approaching in two years, I don't have a real reason to replace it. Luckily, my motherboard has an enabled TPM 2.0 header, so the system is fully compatible except for the CPU, which is a Haswell CPU rather than an 8th Generation Core CPU or Ryzen 2000+ series CPU.

I would like to know if there are people who have been using similar "mostly compatible" systems, except for the CPU (and possibly a missing TPM in some cases), for an extended period of time. Have they encountered any significant issues in daily use, aside from the desktop watermark that can be removed using the group policy editor? Are there any features, such as Windows Subsystem for Android, that might not function properly on these systems?

I'm eager to hear from individuals who have firsthand experience with such configurations and can provide insights into their usability and any potential limitations.
KopatrikKelly
~user

Dołączenie: 16 Mar 2023, 15:03

Postprzez TeetharKehar 20 Cze 2023, 13:39

I'm interested in hearing about your experiences with running Windows 11 on unsupported hardware configurations. Specifically, you mentioned having two PCs at home with different compatibility statuses. It's great to hear that your Ryzen 2700X gaming rig, which is compatible with Windows 11, has been running it for some time. However, you mentioned having trouble adjusting to the new start menu even after several months of trying. Additionally, accessing the old audio control panel to set up 5.1 speakers has been challenging due to the new settings menu.

Now, let's focus on your second system, which is your office system running on an Intel Xeon E3-1231v3 CPU, equivalent to an Intel Core i7-4700. Although it's not officially supported by Windows 11 due to it being a Haswell CPU, the system is otherwise fully compatible, including having TPM 2.0 support. You mentioned that the CPU has been performing well for over eight years, and you don't have a compelling reason to replace it apart from the approaching Windows 10 End of Life.

I'm curious to know if there are individuals who have been using similar "mostly compatible" systems, specifically with different CPUs and possibly lacking TPM, for an extended period of time. Have they encountered any significant issues in daily use, aside from the desktop watermark that can be removed using the group policy editor? Additionally, are there any features, such as Windows Subsystem for Android, that might not function properly on these systems?

I'm eager to hear from individuals who have firsthand experience with these configurations omeglz online2yu echat and can provide insights into their usability and any potential limitations. Your input and feedback would be greatly appreciated.
TeetharKehar
~user

Dołączenie: 02 Sty 2023, 12:06

Powróć do System Windows

Kto jest na forum

Użytkownicy przeglądający to forum: Brak zarejestrowanych użytkowników oraz 3 gości