• Ogłoszenie:

"how to lock screen with slock in linux?

Dyskusje i problemy z Unix'ami

Postprzez ThawangThorn 03 Maj 2023, 05:51

reklama
I intend to utilize slock for screen locking when the monitor powers off due to inactivity. How can I distinguish whether the monitor or the Linux system triggered the event? Moreover, I want to make sure that slock or any other screen locker demands a password to access the system again.

Also, is there a way to prevent slock from executing its default behavior, which is to turn the screen red? I presume this would awaken the monitor.
ThawangThorn
~user

Dołączenie: 26 Mar 2023, 12:50

Postprzez Mistry452 15 Maj 2023, 12:11

Hello,

To distinguish whether the monitor or the Linux system triggered the event, you can check the system logs for power-related events. To ensure password protection after screen lock, configure the system to require a password for unlocking. To prevent slock's default red screen behavior, you may need to modify its source code or explore alternative screen lockers.
dunkinrunsonyou official

Best regard,
Mistry452
Mistry452
~user

Dołączenie: 15 Maj 2023, 12:10

Postprzez betterwound 30 Maj 2023, 10:45

thanks for sharing doodle jump
betterwound
~user

Dołączenie: 16 Maj 2023, 06:28

Postprzez ThawangThorn 07 Cze 2023, 06:37

How can I differentiate between the monitor and Linux system triggering an event, and where can I find power-related event logs to check? Additionally, how can I configure the system to require a password for unlocking after screen lock to ensure password koows koows protection? Lastly, if I want to change slock's default red screen behavior, should I modify its source code or consider using alternative screen lockers?
ThawangThorn
~user

Postprzez donna1205 10 Lip 2023, 05:56

Slock provides a simple screen locking mechanism without any fancy slither io features or customizations. Once the screen is locked, you typically need to enter your user password to unlock it and regain access.
donna1205
~user

Dołączenie: 10 Lip 2023, 05:53

Postprzez ThawangThorn 25 Lip 2023, 14:28

When using slock for screen locking when the monitor powers off due to inactivity, distinguishing whether the event was triggered by the monitor or the Linux system can be achieved through monitoring system events. By checking system logs or using tools like xset, you can determine the source of the event and customize slock's behavior accordingly.

To ensure that slock or any other screen locker requires a password to access the system again, you can configure the screen locker settings to prompt for a password when unlocking the screen. This way, unauthorized access will be prevented, and security will be maintained.

Regarding preventing slock from executing its default behavior of turning the screen red, you can modify the slock source code or check for available configuration options that allow you to customize its behavior. By doing so, you can avoid any actions that might awaken the monitor during the screen locking process.

Before making any changes, it is advisable to review the documentation and available options for slock to ensure the desired customization can be achieved without compromising security or system stability.

By taking these steps, you can effectively utilize slock for screen locking while maintaining koows security and tailoring its behavior to suit your preferences.
ThawangThorn
~user

Powróć do System Linux / Unix

Kto jest na forum

Użytkownicy przeglądający to forum: Brak zarejestrowanych użytkowników oraz 2 gości