• Ogłoszenie:

What to do about continuous scroll bug?

Wszystko odnośnie systemów z rodziny Microsoft

Postprzez BaldernRory 01 Maj 2023, 12:45

reklama
I'm experiencing an unusual issue with Windows 11, where Microsoft apps interpret the scroll wheel as continuously scrolling. This problem only arises in certain Microsoft applications, like the control panel, Excel, and photo viewer, but not in third-party apps. I have attempted to solve the issue by performing a clean boot in safe mode, switching to a different mouse, uninstalling and reinstalling mouse drivers, and disabling the mouse option to scroll when hovering over inactive windows. Despite all these attempts, the problem persists. While I have not attempted a full Windows reinstall or PC reset, I am hesitant to do so due to the inconvenience of reinstalling all my apps. Do you have any suggestions on how to solve this issue? Thank you!
BaldernRory
~user

Dołączenie: 02 Kwi 2023, 08:41

Postprzez BaldernRory 31 Maj 2023, 12:40

Since the problem still persists, I can understand your hesitation to go for a full Windows reinstall or PC reset due to the inconvenience of reinstalling all your apps. Here are a few additional suggestions you can try:

Update Windows and apps: Make sure you have the latest Windows updates installed, as well as any available updates for the Microsoft apps exhibiting the scrolling issue. Keeping your system and apps up to date can often fix known bugs and compatibility issues.

Check for mouse firmware updates: Visit the manufacturer's website for your mouse and check if there are any firmware updates available. Sometimes, updating the mouse firmware can address compatibility issues with specific applications.

Adjust mouse settings: In the Windows settings, navigate to "Devices" > "Mouse" and try adjusting the various mouse settings, such as the scroll wheel speed or the number of lines scrolled per notch. Experimenting with different settings might help alleviate the scrolling issue.

Contact Microsoft support: If none of the above suggestions resolve the problem, it would be advisable to reach out to Microsoft support directly. They have specialized knowledge and resources to assist with Windows-specific issues and might be able to omegle shagle voojio provide a more targeted solution.

Remember to provide specific details about the issue and the steps you've already taken when contacting Microsoft support, as it can help them understand the problem better and offer appropriate guidance.

I hope these suggestions prove helpful in resolving the scrolling issue with Microsoft apps in Windows 11.
BaldernRory
~user

Dołączenie: 02 Kwi 2023, 08:41

Postprzez GerishSonya 06 Cze 2023, 10:19

here are a few additional suggestions you can consider:

Update Windows and Drivers: Ensure that your Windows 11 operating system is up to date, including all the latest patches and updates. Additionally, check for driver updates for your mouse or any other relevant devices. Sometimes, updated drivers can address compatibility issues and resolve unusual behavior.

Try Compatibility Mode: Right-click on the executable file of the affected Microsoft application (e.g., Excel, control panel) and select "Properties." In the Properties window, navigate to the "Compatibility" tab and check the box for "Run this program in compatibility mode." Choose an earlier version of Windows (e.g., Windows 10) from the drop-down menu and click "Apply" and "OK." Restart the application and see if the issue persists.

Create a New User Profile: Sometimes, user profile corruption can cause unusual behavior. Create a new user profile on your Windows 11 system and log in with that profile. Launch the affected Microsoft applications under the new profile and check if the scroll wheel problem persists. If it doesn't, it indicates that the issue is specific to your user profile, and you may consider migrating your data to the new profile.

Contact Microsoft Support: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, it may be beneficial to reach out to Microsoft Support for further assistance. They have dedicated resources and tools to diagnose and troubleshoot Windows-related issues. They may be able to provide more specific guidance tailored to your situation.

Before attempting a full Windows reinstall or PC reset, it's indeed a good idea to explore other alternatives. Hopefully, one of the suggestions provided will help you resolve the scroll wheel issue in Microsoft applications echatrandom chatrandom on Windows 11.
GerishSonya
~user

Dołączenie: 30 Mar 2023, 07:14

Powróć do System Windows

Kto jest na forum

Użytkownicy przeglądający to forum: Brak zarejestrowanych użytkowników oraz 4 gości