• Ogłoszenie:

What are the advantages of linux customization options?

Dyskusje i problemy z Unix'ami

What are the advantages of linux customization options?

Postprzez MitchelBraybh 15 Maj 2023, 05:54

reklama
Since around 2005, I have been utilizing Linux as my primary operating system on my laptop. Before that, I was an avid Apple enthusiast (and I still am).

When Apple introduced the M1 and M1 Pro chips, I eagerly embraced the change and purchased a MacBook Pro because I found ARM architecture appealing compared to X86.

In macOS, everything simply works™. However, customization options were limited. For over a year now, I have been content as an Apple user, particularly due to the seamless integration between macOS and iOS.

But last night, I took out my old ThinkPad and installed ArcoLinux on it. The installer presented numerous choices, leaving me overwhelmed with decision-making. Once the installation was complete, I embarked on a journey of customization and learning.

Being an old computer geek, my journey began with an Atari 800XL, connecting to computer BBSes. I thoroughly enjoy acquiring new knowledge, and Linux continually challenges my intellect. After gaining a strong grasp of Gnome, I transitioned to KDE. Once I became proficient in configuring KDE, I ventured into i3. This time, I'm considering Awesome WM to explore Lua programming.

Desktop Linux has progressed to the point shagle voojio where it can be installed for individuals with limited computer literacy, enabling them to use it effortlessly. Simultaneously, it offers extensive customization options for those who desire it.
MitchelBraybh
~user

Dołączenie: 25 Sty 2023, 10:54

Powróć do System Linux / Unix

Kto jest na forum

Użytkownicy przeglądający to forum: Brak zarejestrowanych użytkowników oraz 2 gości