• Ogłoszenie:

License agreement (eula) of distributions

Dyskusje i problemy z Unix'ami

Postprzez MaquinCarimul 03 Mar 2023, 13:24

reklama
According to the License Agreement (EULA) of distributions like openSUSE (Leap 15.4), Fedora, AlmaLinux or Rocky Linux, those may be subject to the U.S. Export Administration Regulations (EAR). But that make me ask how is the enforcement of that license and how it is guaranteed that the usage of that open source piece of software is not used for the activities that are banned (e.g. space launch, unmanned vehicles...) and in sanctioned countries.

I mean, the vast majority are not going to use the OS for such activities, but how openSUSE/Fedora/AlmaLinux/Rocky Linux projects guarantee that license? Would it be with telemetry and constant spying on users activity?

I have only seen that kind of EULA in RPM-based distros (i.e. not on PCLinuxOS) such as those mentioned before, but I do not know if that have anything to do with the companies/developers behind or applies to all US-based operating systems.
MaquinCarimul
~user

Dołączenie: 20 Lut 2023, 07:39

Postprzez dfdesa 11 Mar 2023, 02:00

These activities I will definitely cenzura! in with tunnel rush
dfdesa
~user

Dołączenie: 11 Mar 2023, 01:16

Postprzez nosawix174 08 Paź 2023, 16:18

Great post! It's interesting to learn about the License Agreement (EULA) of distributions like openSUSE, Fedora, AlmaLinux, and Rocky Linux. I wonder if briansclub cm has any insights on how these projects ensure compliance with the regulations.
nosawix174
~user

Dołączenie: 04 Paź 2022, 09:40

Powróć do System Linux / Unix

Kto jest na forum

Użytkownicy przeglądający to forum: Brak zarejestrowanych użytkowników oraz 3 gości