• Ogłoszenie:

Have you experienced slow transfer with ssds?

Dyskusje na tematy związane z problemami sprzętowymi - komputery, podzespoły, akcesoria... oraz sprzęt RTV

Postprzez MickelBriyaeh 26 Kwi 2023, 12:34

reklama
A while back, I purchased a 2TB Silicon Power SSD that was well-priced and reportedly used chips from a reputable manufacturer, not one of the fake Chinese bootlegs that have been flooding the market. My plan was to backup around 1.5 TiB of data to it, but I noticed that after an initial decent transfer speed, it became alarmingly slow. Even though the files I was transferring weren't small, I didn't think this was the issue.

At first, I suspected thermal throttling, but even after the overnight transfer was complete, the issues persisted. When the drive was around 70% full, write speeds became incredibly slow and sporadic, ranging from 0.9 to 8 MB/sec, despite testing it on both SATA and USB. I even reformatted the drive completely, but the transfer speeds remained broken. Ultimately, I returned the drive, assuming it was a rare defective unit.

However, I've noticed similar reviews from others where transfer speeds plummet after sustained writing during a backup, which leads me to wonder if reduced write speeds are also occurring. Other brands like SP and TEAMGROUP are similarly omegle owespeedtest priced and may source parts from the same manufacturers, but the Samsung ones are almost twice the price. However, even the 870 EVOs have been reported to be prone to failure.

Have you had similar experiences or problems with SSDs?
Ostatnio edytowany przez MickelBriyaeh, 11 Maj 2023, 13:42, edytowano w sumie 1 raz
MickelBriyaeh
~user

Dołączenie: 01 Kwi 2023, 08:11

Postprzez MahilaTeekshna 03 Maj 2023, 14:09

However, it's not uncommon for some SSDs to experience reduced write speeds after sustained use or when reaching a certain percentage of their capacity. It could be due to the controller or firmware of the drive, or it may be an issue with the NAND flash memory itself. It's always a good idea to do some research and read reviews before purchasing an SSD to see if others have reported similar issues.
MahilaTeekshna
~user

Dołączenie: 10 Kwi 2023, 10:03

Powróć do Hardware

Kto jest na forum

Użytkownicy przeglądający to forum: Brak zarejestrowanych użytkowników oraz 22 gości