• Ogłoszenie:

Has asus overridden router settings with unwanted firmware?

Wszystko odnośnie szerokiej tematyki Internet, oraz sieci komputerowe

Postprzez ShefaliKakru 18 Maj 2023, 09:14

reklama
I woke up this morning to find my router rebooting every 5 minutes, despite it working perfectly fine for months on the firmware version I carefully selected. I specifically disabled "auto update" to prevent any unwanted firmware changes. However, to my surprise, I discovered that at 5:20am this morning, the router had updated itself to the latest firmware, coinciding with the onset of these problems. Is it possible that Asus overrode my settings and forced the update? It's a perplexing situation, and now I need to find a way to revert back to my previous stable version. Has anyone else experienced this issue?
ShefaliKakru
~user

Dołączenie: 23 Mar 2023, 13:51

Postprzez ShefaliKakru 28 Cze 2023, 12:23

It is indeed frustrating to wake up and find your router rebooting every 5 minutes, especially after carefully selecting a firmware version and disabling auto updates to avoid any unwanted changes. The fact that the router updated itself to the latest firmware at 5:20am, coinciding with the onset of these problems, raises the question of whether Asus overrode your settings and forced the update.

While it is technically possible for a manufacturer to push firmware updates remotely, it is uncommon for them to do so without user consent or knowledge. However, it's important to note that unexpected glitches or software bugs can sometimes cause unexpected behavior, including unauthorized updates.

To address this issue and revert back to your previous stable firmware version, you can try the following steps:

Check the router's settings: Verify if there are any options to roll back or revert to a previous firmware version within the router's administrative settings. Look for any firmware-related settings or options that allow you to manually install a specific firmware version.

Contact Asus support: Reach out to Asus customer support for assistance. Explain the situation, including the unexpected firmware update and the resulting issues you are experiencing. They may be able to provide guidance on how to revert back to the previous stable firmware omeglz online2yu echat version or offer additional troubleshooting steps.

Seek community forums or online resources: Explore online forums or communities dedicated to Asus routers, as other users may have encountered similar issues or found solutions. Look for discussions or guides on reverting firmware updates or resolving rebooting problems after an update.

It's worth noting that each router model and firmware version may have specific instructions or considerations, so finding model-specific resources or contacting Asus support directly will be beneficial in resolving this issue promptly.

Has anyone else in the community experienced a similar problem with their Asus router? Their insights and experiences could provide additional guidance in resolving this issue.
ShefaliKakru
~user

Dołączenie: 23 Mar 2023, 13:51

Powróć do Internet & Sieci

Kto jest na forum

Użytkownicy przeglądający to forum: Brak zarejestrowanych użytkowników oraz 1 gość