• Ogłoszenie:

Are amd drivers worth switching despite occasional bugs?

Poszukujesz sterowników? Masz problem z zainstalowaniem bądź odinstalowaniem? Zapytaj w tym dziale

Postprzez HarmanKhema 18 Maj 2023, 13:32

reklama
I'm planning to upgrade my GTX 1070, and my current top choice is the 7900XT. However, I wanted to address some concerns I have regarding AMD's drivers. The XTX version of the card is considerably more expensive in my country, so I'm not considering it. As a lifelong NVIDIA user, I'm a bit apprehensive about the reports of AMD's drivers being problematic. People have mentioned issues such as game crashes, game stuttering, high power draw during idle, and streaming stuttering, among others. On the NVIDIA side, the only other option is the 4070ti, but I feel that the 12GB VRAM is not sufficiently future-proof for me.

My question to all of you is: What has been your experience with AMD's drivers? Despite occasional bugs, do you think it's worth switching? Are the driver issues as prevalent as they are made out to be?

I appreciate your assistance and honest opinions on this matter.
HarmanKhema
~user

Dołączenie: 30 Mar 2023, 13:36

Postprzez CarmosKarrvx 20 Lip 2023, 08:46

As an AMD user, I can share my experience with the drivers, but keep in mind that individual experiences may vary. While AMD drivers have had their share of issues in the past, I must say that recent driver updates have significantly improved the overall stability and performance.

In the past, some users did encounter game crashes, stuttering, and other problems with AMD drivers. However, AMD has been actively addressing these issues through regular driver updates, and many of the reported problems have been resolved over time. The continuous driver updates have also brought performance improvements and optimizations for various games.

Regarding the 7900XT, it's essential to check for specific user feedback on the exact model you are considering, as different manufacturer versions may have varying driver support and performance.

Ultimately, the decision to switch from NVIDIA to AMD should depend on various factors. The 7900XT is a powerful card and could offer excellent performance for your needs, especially if the price difference between the XTX version and the standard version is significant in your country.

Consider checking recent reviews and user experiences with the specific model you're considering, as these can give you a more accurate picture of its performance and driver stability.

If you're open to staying with NVIDIA, the 4070ti could be a viable option, but as you mentioned, the 12GB VRAM may be a limiting factor for future-proofing.

In conclusion, while AMD had some driver issues in the past, they have made significant strides in improving their drivers. For the most part, the driver issues are not as prevalent as they once were. If the price difference between the 7900XT and the 7900XTX is significant, and you find the card meets your performance requirements, it may be worth considering the switch. However, do thorough research on user experiences with the specific model you're interested in to ensure koows developerbook echat it suits your needs and expectations.
CarmosKarrvx
~user

Dołączenie: 20 Sty 2023, 12:02

Postprzez wuwunibs 03 Kwi 2024, 13:38

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting
wuwunibs
~user

Dołączenie: 03 Kwi 2024, 11:55

Powróć do Sterowniki

Kto jest na forum

Użytkownicy przeglądający to forum: Brak zarejestrowanych użytkowników oraz 13 gości